Healthcare professionals, scientists and researchers offer information about the role of meat as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
Meat our expert panel : A group of healthcare professionals, scientists and researchers who can provide independent information about red meat and its role as part of a healthy, balanced diet.
- General Practitioner
- Medical writer, broadcaster and film producer
- Medical director, Wings Medical Services
- Public health nutritionist and dietitian
- Former Chief Executive at The Nutrition Society and Senior Lecturer at the University of Westminster as course leader for BSc Human Nutrition
- Emeritus Professor of Neurobiology at the University of Cardiff
- Chairman of DECC's Radioactive Waste Management Committee, and Visiting Professor at the Royal Agriculture
- Formerly Director-General of the British Nutrition Foundation; Chairman of the NGO Forum for the Royal Society for Public Health; and Chairman of the Consumers’ Association, Which?; and Chairman of the UK Government’s Foresight Task Force, Food's Contribution to Health in the Future
- Consultant Colorectal Surgeon at St George’s Healthcare NHS Trust
- Specialist in colorectal cancer and endoscopy
The Meat Advisory Panel (MAP) is supported by an unrestricted educational grant from the red meat industry.